2017 Chiasma Organising Committee Applications - Auckland
This is your opportunity to apply for a spot on the Auckland Chiasma Committee for 2017! Below is a description of each subteam:
The events team makes sure all of Chiasma’s events run smoothly. It involves organising:
- Organising booking venues
- Setting up the venue on the day of the event
- Food and drinks
- Photography and videography
- Organising the wider Chiasma team for tasks on the day of the event
The overall role of the marketing team is to promote Chiasma. This entails both event specific marketing for our events as well as maintaining Chiasma’s presence and increasing Chiasma’s profile at university throughout the year.
- Social media
- Email newsletters and announcements
- Content and graphic design of posters, brochures and booklets
- Running Chiasma stalls at university orientation, careers fairs and other events
- Lecture ‘bashing’ for major events
- Distribution of marketing materials
- Chiasma blog
- Coming up with creative ways to increase student engagement with Chiasma
The systems team is the ‘glue’ that keeps Chiasma running. It involves:
- Managing the website: keeping pages up to date, and coming up with innovative ideas to benefit our members and increase industry involvement.
- Adapt and send out emails to the member and industry databases (based on material from the Marketing and Industry teams).
- Keep in close contact with other teams regarding new content for the website.
- Administering the Chiasma Eventbrite page and PayPal account.
- Managing the Chiasma Google apps system including email accounts, creating standardised email signatures, and Google docs.
- Manage the Chiasma Facebook page in conjunction with the Social Media Co-ordinator
- Liaise with Events team to ensure effective management of events RSVPs including name tags.
The Industry team is the ‘face of Chiasma’ that communicates with the industry on a regular basis and is responsible for forging new opportunities and networks between students and the industry. Tasks include:
- Liaising with companies to exhibit at Synapse
- Identifying and organising site visits to companies
- Creating content for the Industry Newsletter
- Organising the Chiasma Connect mentorship program
- Communicating with industry members in a professional and timely manner